navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

16.3.12

My pink franken!

Hi everyone,

Today I have a franken I made last night. I really wanted to paint my nails but nothing in my stash caught my eye, so I took matters into my own hands. I wanted something girly but classy and I wanted flakies!

The polishes I used were:
Rimmel Coralicious 
Saffron glitter polish - Colour 04
17 Love
17 Simply Pink
Wet'n'Wild White nail polish
Nail Pop Pearl Effect 20
Nail Pop Sequin Effect Shade 24

I really wish I'd have written down how many drops I used of each, but this was purely an experiment. It was a few drops of each and then some clear to make the glitter and flakies more visible.

The formula on this was a nightmare! It was an off the cuff frankening session, so I didn't have a proper dish or anything. Instead, I used a piece of cellophane! I was also doing it in front of a fan heater because my boyfriend has set the heating to switch off at night and I don't know how to reset the boiler! This all meant that the polish was drying as I was trying to get in on the brush!

I used two coats of my franken with one coat of Seche Vite for the photos below




Here you can see some visible nail line, but it wasn't that noticeable
Lovely flakies!
I actually really loved the polish. I could happily have a whole bottle of it! This is definitely one to consider next time I want to make a whole bottle of something.

No comments:

Post a Comment