navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

13.7.12

NOTD: Barry M Jewel Britannia!

Hi guys,

Another NOTD today. I have so many polishes to swatch but I just got this yesterday and I couldn't resist! It's safe to say that my love affair with Barry M has been rekindled!

Barry M have released a British themed glitter polish in honour of the London 2012 Olympic Games, and I had to buy it as soon as I heard about it! I put out a tweet and Instagram asking for suggestions on what to layer this over, and some of my followers suggested grey, blue, pale pink, and yellow. I decided on grey for my first mani using this. 

I wanted a pale grey, so I went with H&M Miss Stone Heart, forgetting that this dries a lot darker than it looks in the bottle. I'm in the market for a pale grey... If you know of a good one, PLEASE leave me a comment. I'm going shopping on Sunday (well actually I'm going for lunch with my Mum, but little does she know, we'll be shopping too!) and I'd love to pick one up!

Here it is, I used two coats of Miss Stone Heart with one coat of Jewel Britannia. The formula was slightly gloopy on this so I had to dab it on, but I don't mind doing that to be honest...

Natural light
Sunlight
This is so gorgeous. I'm loving the fact that the mainstream brands are coming out with these indie looking polishes. 

My message to all UK based brands is this: PEOPLE WANT CHUNKY GLITTER!!!!! I mean come on, Models Own Ibiza Mix is the perfect example of this, it was sold out everywhere, in every Boots and Superdrug I looked in, so I had to buy it online (which I hate doing). People obviously like the look of them, and who wouldn't? Chunky glitters look amazing! To all the people who say they look tacky, cheap and immature, you're obviously not wearing them right!

Jewel Britannia is a limited edition glitter available exclusively on the Boots website where it is currently sold out, and on the Barry M website where it is still available! It retails for £2.99. 

I bought three of these, and I'm planning on having a giveaway soon, so keep your eyes peeled!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment