navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

24.8.12

House of Fraser Blogger Style Challenge


Hi Everyone,

Another fashion post from me today! A couple of weeks ago, the lovely people of House of Fraser invited me to enter their latest blogger challenge. I LOVE these competitions and jumped at the chance to create a look and enter to win a £200 voucher. 

House of Fraser is one of those shops that has something for everybody, and every time I go in there I see plenty of things I want to buy. What I love about it is that it makes higher end products more accessible to those of us who don't live in areas where we don't have little designer boutiques! 

Every time I walk in there it reminds me of my teenage days living in Spain when I'd rush to El Corte Ingles in between trains to and from school to have a look! I feel so grown up now I can go in there and buy things! The makeup range is amazing and the clothes are to die for!

I've seen a few of these posts about and a lot of people seem to be going for a very "fashion" theme, or something they can wear during the day and then out to a bar etc, so I thought I'd do a different and more personal take on this! 

I'm a mum of one, and my son is at the very naughty stage at ten and a half months old, so when it comes to my outfits, I like simple pieces that I can mix and match without too much hassle, so that's what I'm showing you! This outfit is something I'd wear day to day, at home, at playgroup, to go shopping... Pretty much everything I buy is like this, so you can get a real insight into my personal style!







I hope you liked my picks! My favourite items are the boots: shearling and leather is one of my favourite winter trends, and the nail polish: I love to add a bit of glitter to a plainer outfit to add a special something. Chunky knits are always a winter staple for me, I think this Tommy Hilfiger one is amazing! Pieces that have a rock look are a winner for me so that's why I went for a skull theme with the earrings and t-shirt and paired them with the jeggings. The bag is ideal for me. I love the hobo style, and the oversize bag is perfect for me to fit in my essentials as well as all of my baby paraphernalia!

Let's not forget the watch! Rose gold is becoming so fashionable! I've loved it ever since I first saw it in the middle east in the 90s as a child, so I'm really pleased it's becoming so easy to get hold of now. I have a gorgeous watch that I got as a graduation present, but if I didn't have that, I'd LOVE one of these Marc by Marc Jacobs ones. I love the combination of the grey ceramic against the rose gold, it's an instant classic! 

Thank you so much to House of Fraser for the opportunity to enter! And don't forget if you're a blogger, you can enter this competition too, find out more here.

Let me know what you think of my look!

1 comment: