navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

15.10.12

NOTW: Models Own Tape Mani

Hi Guys,

I made it out alive after the party! It went really well, I was so pleased with how everything went. My son really seemed to enjoy it and he was spoiled rotten bless him!

Today we've just been packing the last bits, our ferry leaves at half past ten this evening to Holland. We've got a little cabin so we can sleep until we get there at half past six tomorrow morning. I can't wait to see my Dad, and I can't wait to show my boyfriend around Groningen. My Dad has lived over there since 2004 and until I was about 18 I used to spend a month there each summer and go over there for all of my holidays, so I know the place really well, it's almost like a second home to me!

Today I have a Nails Of The Week post. Most of my swatches are done in quick succession, but if I do a nice manicure, I like to keep it on for as long as possible. I did these nails on Tuesday and I love them! Everything is from Models Own and I bought the polishes in the half price sale they had a week and a half or so ago.

I used Aciiied on my thumb, index finger, and pinkie and Tangerine Queen on my middle and ring fingers. Aciiied is a chartreuse creme and is the definition of ugly/pretty! In fact, chartreuse is my least favourite colour in the world. When I was a child, there was a Crayola crayon called Spring Green that I hated so much that I never used... And on a separate note, I'm only realising now as an adult that crayons smell terrible... But back to the crayon, here it is:

Photo from Google

Anyway, onto my mani! I painted my fingers as I said above, then I used some striping tape (£2.19 for 12 rolls) to mark out zig zags on my nails. I then used Models Own In the Navy to go over my whole nail. One coat was enough, and then I carefully peeled off the tape to reveal neon lines. It's worth mentioning that I painted on Aciiied and Tangerine Queen yesterday so the polish was totally dry. If you're doing this in one go, use quick dry topcoat and leave it around 20 minutes before doing the tape part!

Here's what it looked like:



Doesn't it look cool? I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

All polishes retail for £5 on the Models Own site but I got them for £2.50 each during the sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment