navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

1.10.12

Revlon Radiant

Hi Guys,

I posted on Twitter earlier (@truly_polished) saying I was hopefully going to have the Models Own Mirrorball collection up tonight, but as you can probably guess by the title of this post, that didn't happen! I have about 200 photos of the collection to look at and I was running super late this evening! I can only blame this on two of my favourite bloggers: Jen from The Polishaholic and Cristina from Let Them Have Polish... 

They both posted the This is Halloween Collection by Dollish Polish today. I love the collection but I kept missing the restocks. Their swatches were so pretty that I decided to buy five of the shades... And if you've ever ordered from Dollish Polish, you'll know that's not easy to do. I spent about 20 minutes refreshing the Spectral Pup page and trying to add it to my basket, then when that was in, I quickly picked another three I wanted that weren't in such high demand then set about trying to get Vampires Coven. Ten minutes of refreshing the page later, I checked out with my full order!

Then I had to make my dinner, a very time consuming vegetable risotto! So the last thing I wanted to do was look at and edit 2912982430934 Models Own photos... So onto Revlon!

Revlon Radiant is made up of small turquoise hex glitter, with larger green and silver hex glitter, in a clear base. I saw it and I had to get it, I'm loving how mainstream brands are putting out so many chunky glitters!

I used two coats of Radiant over Cult Nails Nevermore for the photos below:

Sunlight

Natural light

After I swatched this over black I wanted to see it over a blue, so I chose Barry M Retro Blue... I'm really not crazy about this combo, I should have picked a more green toned blue. This blue is too warm in my eyes. It's pretty but doesn't go with the glitter very well. However, I do like the fact that the blue polish looks like it takes on a shimmer under the glitter.

This is two coats of Radiant.


I really like this nail polish. Revlon isn't a brand I usually buy from, mainly because they don't really have anything that I find interesting, but also because their polish is overpriced in my opinion. I have probably ten polishes from them and most of them are from Poundland! I've bought two in Boots, one online and got one in a swap... 

This retails for £6.49 but I bought it as part of a 2 for £7.50 deal, that's a price I can deal with! I can't remember if I bought it from Boots or Superdrug, I think it might have been Superdrug, they usually have the "2 for......" deals.

No comments:

Post a Comment