navbar

about me wish list contact pr Image Map

13.3.14

Introducing Jacava London

Hi Guys,

It's taken me a little bit longer to come back than I had hoped! Since I got home from my Mum's just over a week ago I haven't had a single day off playdates, preschool and playgroup. My life as a stay at home Mum is a lot more stressful than the imagine of chilling out in a onesie with a cuppa! 

Anyway, today while my son was at preschool I finally swatched some samples sent to me by the lovely people at Jacava London. I had actually played about with these last week but I wasn't happy with my pictures so today it was back to the drawing board!

Jacava London is a British brand (which I love, always nice to support some good UK brands!) and all of their nail polishes are non-toxic and 8-free. This means they are free from Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, Parabens, Camphor, Toulene, DBP, Pthalates and Animal Ingredients. As I'm currently pregnant, the idea of using non-toxic nail polish is very appealing to me! They are also vegan friendly and do not test on animals, so a great brand all round!

Before I start on the colours, let me just say this... These polishes all have a great formula. With the exception of Regent Street where I used three coats, these were great two coaters with good colour payoff.

So onto the pretties!

I'll start with the polish I originally picked out, Midnight's Secrets*. If you're a long time reader of this blog, you'll know my endless love for blue nail polish. When I saw this one, I knew I had to have it! I wasn't disappointed, I let out a gasp when I painted this on and immediately sent my friend a picture (as well as posting to my Instagram - @truly_polished) declaring my love! 

This is a gorgeous blue polish with a bright blue shimmer. Today was sunny so I could really bring out the best in this polish and the flash really brought the shimmer out. It's very, very photogenic, so there are quite a few photos....

The photos below show two coats without topcoat. Honestly I could've put topcoat on this but it dried to a satiny finish and I thought it was too pretty to change! 

Natural light
Bright sunlight
Flash - LOOK AT THAT SHIMMER!!!!

Next I'll show you Regent Street*. This was actually my second choice, but luckily the very generous people at Jacava sent me a couple of extras, so I still got to try this out. It's a berry jelly base with large pieces of holographic hex glitter. I'm not 100% happy with my swatches of this, mainly because of my dry cuticles, but that's what happens when I try to swatch more than one polish a day! 

These photos show three coats with the Jacava topcoat. This was fine after two but I wanted to even out the base colour a bit.

Natural light
Sunlight
Macro shot of the bottle. I love how the base coats the holo glitter!

Thirdly I have Dance With Me* to show you. This was another one I had in mind when I was making my original pick, so I was really happy to see it in my package! It's a red toned berry shimmer polish, the kind of thing I love to wear in the Autumn/Winter. This had a great formula, went on really nicely in two coats, and the photos below are without topcoat, it definitely didn't need it, it was so glossy on its own!

Natural light
Sunlight

Lastly, Jacava kindly sent me a bottle of their topcoat* to try out. This has UV inhibitor properties to stop the colour of your polish fading while you're out in the sun. While I'm sure we'll get some proper sun in a few months, we don't really have enough right now to test this properly! Nevertheless it's glossy and dries incredibly quickly for a topcoat that isn't marketed as speedy drying!

Here's how it looks on my naked nails that are looking horribly long. Pregnancy is obviously serving them well, I'm having to file them every other day at least!!



You can see the full range of what Jacava has to offer here on their website. Their polishes retail for £11 each.


Have you tried out this brand? What do you think of what they have to offer? Let me know!




*The product(s) in this post were provided for an honest review. Please see my disclosure page for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment